1. Help Centre
  2. KiwiSaver Basics
  3. Transferring Australian Super to KiwiSaver

How do I transfer my Australian super into the Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme?

If you are already a member of the Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme, complete an authority to transfer form.

Just follow these steps.

  • Complete an authority to transfer form, giving us details about the Aussie super scheme you wish to transfer from. If you are not already a member, you will also need to join the Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme. Depending on your circumstances you may be required to make regular contributions to KiwiSaver after you join, so it is important you read the Product Disclosure Statement for the Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme and understand the rules before joining.
  • We will contact your Aussie super provider to request the documentation required to complete the transfer. It is likely they will require proof of your permanent emigration to New Zealand, a completed transfer form, a statutory declaration and ID documents.
  • You may want to seek independent financial and tax advice about whether to proceed with the transfer.
  • Once you have returned the completed transfer documentation to us we will complete our part, if applicable, and send it back to your Aussie super provider. 
  • Your savings will be paid by your Aussie super provider as a lump sum in Australian dollars directly to our scheme. We will convert this to New Zealand dollars when payment confirmation is received. This means that your savings will be subject to currency fluctuations. Alternatively, payment can be made by your Aussie provider in NZ dollars directly to the scheme bank account if they agree to do this.  

You can start the process now by filling out an authority to transfer form.

You may require a KiwiSaver registration number as part of this process. Kiwi Wealth's registration number is KSS10025.

If you are looking to transfer your KiwiSaver to an Australian super scheme instead, read more here.