How do I make a voluntary contribution to my KiwiSaver account?

There are a number of ways Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme members can make voluntary contributions, these include Internet Banking, Direct Debit and Inland Revenue.

Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme members can make voluntary payments by:

Online Banking Bill Payment

This is the most simple and fastest way to contribute if you bank with ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Kiwibank, TSB or Westpac. You will need to select Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme from the list of KiwiSaver payees and have your Inland Revenue and Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver (KWKS) numbers handy.

Contributions made to your KiwiSaver cannot be reversed.

Direct Debit

  • The minimum payment is $20. There is no maximum.
  • Payments can be made weekly, fortnightly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, 6-monthly or annually.
  • Fill out the direct debit form, print it, sign it and mail it to us. Sorry, but we need an original signature for the bank. Don‘t fax us direct debit forms; we won‘t be able to process them.
  • Address the envelope to Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme, FreePost 210729, PO Box 50617, Porirua 5240.
  • It can take up to two weeks for banks to process direct debit authorities.


    If you are a Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme member and a Kiwibank customer, you can make payments through Kiwibank.

    If you joined the Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme directly, rather than through Kiwibank, you will need to complete a form to authorise us to share your member account information with Kiwibank. After this you will be able to make voluntary contributions. If you joined the Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme through Kiwibank then you don’t need to fill in this form.

    Voluntary contributions ($20 minimum) can be made by:

    • Over-the-counter payments at your local Kiwibank.
    • Kiwibank internet banking.

    Inland Revenue

    You can also make voluntary KiwiSaver contributions through Inland Revenue. Their contribution options include electronic bank transfers and cheque payments (no minimum amount required per payment). Find out more on the Inland Revenue website.