To make a retirement withdrawal log into the secure portal and click the 'Withdraw' button. Follow the prompts to complete the process.
There are two options available to submit a retirement withdrawal from your KiwiSaver account:
- Submit the request online via the secure customer portal, or
- Complete a standard withdrawal form and provide some supporting documents
To submit a request online, click the 'Withdraw' button when logged into the portal. This is the quickest option and does not involve providing any supporting documentation unless your withdrawal includes Government Contribution Funds.
You will need to have set up additional security questions via the secure customer portal in order to do an online withdrawal. Once you have set these up, you will have to wait 7 days before submitting a withdrawal online.
To make further withdrawals, log in to your Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver online account and click the Withdraw icon.
Withdrawals will be paid into the same bank account your previous withdrawal was paid into.
You can choose to withdraw:
- your entire savings as a lump sum, or,
- part of your KiwiSaver savings.
Or keep your Kiwi Wealth KiwiSaver Scheme account open, and you can:
- Use it as a source of regular income by setting up monthly, two-monthly, quarterly or annual regular payments to your bank account ($100 minimum).
- Use your account as an emergency fund and make withdrawals ($500 minimum) when you need them.
- Consolidate other investments and savings such as term deposits and other superannuation scheme payouts into your account.
- Keep on saving. You can make regular or one-off deposits.
Depending on the method of withdrawal you may need to provide to us certified proof of identity.