Find out if your eligible to use your KiwiSaver investment to help you buy your first home and what you need to do to start the withdrawal process.
To qualify for a first home withdrawal you must meet the following criteria:
- You need to have been in KiwiSaver or a complying superannuation fund for a minimum of three years.
- You can only make a KiwiSaver first home withdrawal once.
- If you’ve owned property before, you may qualify for a second chance home buyer withdrawal. You may also qualify for a HomeStart grant. To check eligibility contact Housing New Zealand Corporation.
- KiwiSaver first home withdrawal is only available to applicants who want to buy homes or land in New Zealand and/or have the right to occupy Maori land.
- You need to live in the home or land you intend to buy. Investment properties do not qualify.
Check your eligibility for a KiwiSaver first home withdrawal by answering just a few quick questions.
In some cases, previous property owners may be eligible for a second chance withdrawal if they can show that they are in a similar financial position to a first home buyer.